Saturday, February 9, 2013

Confessions: The Story of a Girl and a Fabric Store

I'm still slightly shocked at how it all went down. You see, at the first of the year I made a promise to myself that I would not buy any new fabric (except for gift-projects) unless I absolutely had to. I was going to spent this year working through the beautiful stuff I already own. Well.

That was forty days ago. And yesterday, Day 39, I went to JoAnn's with a very specific list: two packages of 1/4-inch braided elastic, three yards of cotton batting, and to look at prices for embroidery stabilizer (Amazon is cheaper.)

That store is my addiction. I should have known better. I should have brought a buddy. I should have remembered my weakness in the sight of so much gorgeous fabric. Instead, I naïvely toted my adorable, but oblivious shopping buddy Sweet Girl into the store. All was dandy until I was waiting in line for the lady to cut my batting....the nursery prints were 40% off (the usual sale price is 30% off) and I had a 20% off everything (sale and regular) coupon....and that is when I lost my mind.

I didn't even realize what I'd done til I was strapping Sweet Girl into her car seat. I astonished myself. My promise didn't enter my brain once until the neatly folded ginghams and adorable construction-themed cottons were tucked into the back seat. What had I done!? It's not even been six weeks and it's still February...!

I have stumbled in pursuit of my goal: I have bought fabric for which I have no immediate plans.

Confession: I am a fabri-holic and cannot be trusted to shop alone within the walls of a craft store. O.o

No comments: