We arrive home very late last night from the beach, and Husband goes on ahead to turn on the outside lights and unlock the house. I am rubbing sleep from my eyes and hazily see him drag something in from the porch as he steps inside. My next thought is to the baby and getting our stuff inside and going to bed; the previous scene is deemed unimportant and promptly forgotten.
Fast forward ten minutes.
Baby had been taken out of the car seat and is changed and content. I am sleepily walking hither thither putting our things away and getting ready for bed. Husband gently arrests my puttering self and hugs me close.
"Wife, you know that I love you very, very much."
"Mmhmm."
"That I love you very much, even though I don't buy you expensive things?"
"Mmhmm."
He releases me, and heads to the office. Filled with warm fuzzies I look around to see what I had been doing before. But Husband emerges from the office with a box in his hands and grin on his face.
"For you! Open it."
OOOOOooooooo...... a package! I stammered and stuttered about how his romance just now was plenty, he didn't have to get me something! I would have been full of warm and tender thoughts just thinking about his sweet display just moments before! etc. Apparently it had come that day, and that was what I'd seen him bring from the porch. It was a brand new laptop!
I squealed. And I may or may not have jumped in the air. And of course I kissed him.
As it was a new toy and as he is superior to me in computer-setting-up, he spent several hours working on it and transferring stuff from my old laptop. Tell you what, boy howdy is it shiny! And so much memory space. O.o
He says he was going to buy one for my birthday, as my old Dell is ancient and decrepit and slow beyond compare. And because he loves me and likes to bless me with nice things. He bought it early, though, because my Momma apparently threw off his plans by giving us a small camera to take videos... and I was going to need a more effective way to download and store them. (So a double thank you, Momma!!)
A shiny, sleek Toshiba and a wonderful Husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment